Do you know what BRINGS YOU DOWN and what CHEERS YOU UP?
If you don’t have this information on top of your mind, you should!
Having solid self-knowledge allows you to make conscious decisions that can, little by little, transform your life for the better!
So grab a notebook and a piece of paper— you’re going to make two lists.
1. Things That Energise Me.
2. Things That Drain Me.
Fill in the two lists to the best of your ability. Make sure to include people, habits, attitudes and activities. If you prefer to do it over a few days to gather more insights, give it a go today and pick it up again tomorrow.
When the two lists are complete, take a moment to revisit their content.
> What opportunities can you create to do more of the things on your “energiser” list?
> How can you eliminate, avoid, or reduce the amount of time spent on things on your “energy drain” list?
By consciously and proactively including more things that energise you into your day-to-day life while letting go of things that drain you of energy, your life will transform, little by little.
Here is an extract of my lists.
1. Things That Energize Me:
– Walking spontaneously somewhere, maybe in nature
– Taking a nap
– Reading positive affirmations out loud
– Meeting interesting people
– Taking life less seriously, it is just a game; the goal is having fun 🙂
2. Things That Drain Me:
– Too many commitments / Not enough unscheduled time
– Too much Zoom
– Not taking sufficient breaks
– Focusing on the result vs the enjoyment of the journey
And the actions I took are:
– Set a space or a reminder in my calendar for each of the energising activities, and commit myself to do them daily.
– Set a recurrent time to review my calendar for the following week and check it against my ‘drainers’. Play with it listening to my intuition until I feel a sense of pleasantness, comfort & motivation with how the next week looks like.
What are the actions you are going to take?
Send me a message. I’d love to read you.