If you have, you probably know how transformative it can be. And if you haven’t, it might be time to give it a shot. You’ll be surprised by the benefits you could get.
This picture was taken on the last day of an unforgettable spiritual retreat I recently attended. For three days, eleven more men and I put all our focus inward to heal wounds from the past, better understand who we are, transform limiting patterns of our minds and become more loving and conscious human beings.
It was emotional, powerful, and highly transformational.
And I want to share with you a few insights I took away. May they provoke your thinking, expand your horizon and help you progress on your journey.
I am being completely vulnerable here. I am sharing with you my fresh thinking right after the retreat. My invitation is to read for insights. If any of the following points do not resonate with you, move on to the next. But if something clicks with you, take a moment to reflect on it and explore how that relates to you. You might even come up with an action or two.
- Breathwork creates a connection with inner wisdom and higher creativity. The moments after breathing hard for a while, when you slow down the breathing, are portals to your intuition.
- Faith. Surrender. Breathing. In life, these are your anchors, your shields. Faith: the universe is there for you, always teaching you and wanting the best for you. Surrender: because no matter how much you try to control things, the universe has its way of manifesting, with its times, which despite not knowing them, you want to respect and honour. Breathing: your direct line with the present, your being, your body, your intuition. An infinite and extraordinary source of energy and wisdom.
- Magic mushrooms, or any other plant medicine, are a channel to get in touch with a deeper, older, wiser, eternal consciousness. Respect the plant, surrender to it, trust it and it will respect and surrender to you.
- There are sensations, emotions, thoughts and experiences that cannot be explained in words or transmitted with voice. Wisdom cannot be communicated; it can only be acquired through experience.
- You are a being of light. Nothing can break you. The dark does not intimidate you. Breathing expands your light and gives you strength and confidence. Increases your power. It centres you and strengthens you. It shows you the way when you get lost. Never stop breathing; it’s your superpower.
- You don’t need to be or do what you admire in others. You can if you want to. But it is not necessary. Instead, you can collaborate, co-create or have you accompanied by these people. It’s not them or me; it’s us.
- You can take care of your energy and also the energy of others, in a healthy way. When you focus on something you want for yourself and include others, your strength multiplies, your vibration expands, your north is clearer, and everything feels better and more complete.
- The magic is in the group. Alone you are nothing. Honour the brotherhood. Honour human contact. Think plural. Let go of ‘me’; embrace ‘us’.
- Living without attachments is divine. It allows you to connect with the present. To open space to magic. To give voice to your intuition. It is being you, authentic, changing, strong and detached as a flame.
- In profound moments, if you are not going to speak from the heart, you better not talk. Instead, feel. You can only feel deeply as long as you don’t talk. You can only listen as long as you don’t speak, especially to your inner wisdom, the voice with all the answers you need.
- Take care of yourself first, and vibrating high, you take care of others. Be there unconditionally but without creating dependency. Lead by example. Start with presence and discipline. With this, your role is fulfilled. You don’t need to do anything else.
Which of these reflections resonate most with you? Why? Is there any action you want to take as a consequence of reading this?
Write to me. I’d love to hear from you!