Imagine it’s December 31st 2023. The year has gone by, and you call me to share how extraordinary 2023 has been for you. What would you tell me?
If you want to create a dream year, you need to have clarity about what you want; you need to keep that vision on top of your mind throughout the year and take consistent actions towards it.
By talking with hundreds of people about their challenges, I discovered that one of the top sources of procrastination, low motivation and dissatisfaction in people’s lives is the lack of a clear direction and a definite path to get where they want.
“In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia, until we ultimately become enslaved by it.” – Robert Heinlein.
So, unless you have already taken the time to create your dream 2023, allow me to support you in this. I want you to make the most of the new year, feel motivated, accomplish your goals and have an extraordinary time!
All you need is an hour or so of uninterrupted focus time and the willingness to think, be imaginative and answer a dozen powerful questions with honesty. Doing it from somewhere inspiring is a bonus.
One last thing before we start…
You can create the life you want; you must accept this idea first. Absolutely refuse to let present results control your thinking. Present results are the manifestation of what was going on in your mind in the past. Change your thinking, and your results will change.
Let’s get into it!
- Allow yourself to DREAM big. Imagine you cannot fail. Let go of all the limitations that have held you back in the past. Don’t get stuck in the how. And ask yourself … What do I want? What do I really want out of 2023?
- What will you DO/CREATE to make the year ahead extraordinary?
- What’s your BREAKTHROUGH goal? (if you were only allowed to focus on one goal, which goal would be most likely to ensure that every other goal was accomplished).
- Who do you want to BE at the end of 2023?
- What is your zone of GENIUS? (the thing you are best at, and it’s so fascinating that it feels effortless). How can you be more in this zone?
- What is one thing you will START doing?
- What is one thing you will STOP doing?
- To whom or what will you give more ATTENTION?
- What will you do to leave the WORLD in a better shape than you found it?
- Who will SUPPORT you during rough times?
- What is one HABIT you will cultivate?
- How will you keep your ENERGY high?
These are some powerful questions I ask my clients to help them create their best year yet. I promise that blocking out an hour or so of your time to go through them will have a big impact.
Remember, anything is possible! You just need to be willing to create it.